Monday, April 30, 2012

WHCD SNL star sightings and Portlandia

This weekend I had the chance to go to D.C in time for the White House Correspondents Dinner. I was not able to attend but I was able to watch everyone arrive and leave the event and see guests of the Vanity Fair/Bloomberg after-party arrive and/or leave. As if I wasn't geeking out enough already, I saw Fred Armisen arrive to both the Dinner and the After-Party. I was not close enough but I did yell some sort of something at him but I don't remember because I was too excited.
With him was Carrie Brownstein, his Portlandia co-star. Portlandia is one of my favorite new shows. And one of my favorite things to come out of a SNL cast member. The show is a reflection on the people and eclectic goings on in Portland, Oregon. It is so offbeat and weird yet familiar. "The dream of the nineties is alive in Portland..."  
"Like Gore won and the Bush Administration never happened"
The show is on IFC and just finished up its second season but episodes can be found online. 
Fred Armisen is still a part of the current SNL cast but he continues to co-write and co-star in Portlandia with Carrie Brownstein. 
Here is my all-time favorite scene from the show. "In Portland you can put a bird on something and call it art!"

No comments:

Post a Comment