Monday, April 2, 2012

New Episode This Coming Weekend

'Ello all!
SNL has been on hiatus for the past few weeks but April 7th means a new episode with some fresh faces. This week's host will be Modern Family's Sofia Vergara

And the musical guest will be the UK's X-Factor contestants, One Direction. Yes, that is a boy band. Now before you get up in arms about why they are the musical guest, let me explain something to you. Not only are they the UK's hottest rising musicians but they are blowing up in the US as well. They appeared on the Kid's Choice Awards this weekend and needless to say, the girls in the audience went apeshit, as did I. 
Both Sofia and One Direction are new to the live comedy scene that is Saturday Night Live. I am excited to see what the writers will do with this. I will not be surprised if One Direction appears in at least one sketch. When Justin Bieber was the musical guest, he appeared in a skit with the then host, Tina Fey. Honestly, it is one of my favorite sketches I've seen in awhile. Don't you dare knock JBiebs until you've seen this:


Part of the reason why I think that young up and comers make such a big hit on this show is because no one expects it to be as funny as it is. The initial shock of seeing them completely out of their element is part of the comedy. I think this weekend's episode will prove this to be true for both Sofia Vergara and One Direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment